The Wyoming Theatre at 300 Wyoming Avenue in Wyoming, PA opened on August 15, 1912. It was converted from an old, abandoned church to a motion picture theatre by Thomas Alexander and Louis Marinos Sr. There were approximately 650 seats which included those in the balcony.
Peter Marinos, brother of Louis Marinos Sr. operated the theatre for nearly fifty years. In the later years it was operated by Louis’ widow Nellie and her son, Louis Marinos Jr.
Louis Jr.’s nephew Louis Degnan was also involved in the operation.
The theatre was destroyed by fire in 1982. The last film to play there was An Officer and A Gentleman starring Richard Gere and Debra Winger.
(a more extensive bio of the theatre to come)