The Alpha Theatre on Wyoming Avenue in Kingston was believed to have been Thomas Alexander’s and Louis Marinos’ second theatre built after the first Luzerne Theatre. Details are very sketchy as to the opening dates or operation of this long gone silent era house. But it was believed to have opened sometime in the early part of 1909.
It stood for many years after the theatre was closed and served as a candy store, office, and supply store. The more ornate Kingston Theatre was built years later in a larger connecting building.
(Hopefully more details to come)